Re: pgsql: Test replay of regression tests, attempt II. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: pgsql: Test replay of regression tests, attempt II.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 11:19 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Also, it's odd that there's "max_connections 25" without an equal sign. I'd
> > kind of expected that to cause an error....
>
> I see that guc.c intentionally allows the equal sign to be optional.
> Too lazy to check if that's documented.  It is weird that this one
> test appears to be intentionally testing that, though, because it's
> sure got nada to do with the expressed purpose of the test.

That's coming from here:

$node_primary->adjust_conf('postgresql.conf', 'max_connections', '25', 1);

That's passed to:

=item $node->adjust_conf(filename, setting, value, skip_equals)

That 1 was unintentional (and I don't see anything else using this
facility), but it doesn't seem to hurt anything since it's parsed just
fine.  I'll take it out in passing in a future commit once we figure
out what's up with reloptions...