Re: Collation versions on Windows (help wanted, apply within) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Collation versions on Windows (help wanted, apply within)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 7:56 AM Juan José Santamaría Flecha
<juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 5:59 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Done in this new 0002 patch (untested).  0001 removes the comment that
>> individual collations can't have a NULL version, reports NULL for
>> Linux/glibc collations like C.UTF-8 by stripping the suffix and
>> comparing with C and POSIX as suggested by Peter E.
>
>  It applies and passes tests without a problem in Windows, and works as expected.

Thanks!  Pushed.

From the things we learned in this thread, I think there is an open
item for someone to write a patch to call EnumSystemLocalesEx() and
populate the initial set of collations, where we use "locale -a" on
Unix.  I'm not sure where the encoding is supposed to come from
though, which is why I didn't try to write a patch myself.