Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Feb 5, 2022 at 3:12 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> Looking at these remaining failures today left me a bit confused.  It seems to
> be some form of timing or synchronization issue as delaying shutdown with a
> sleep(1) in the be_tls_open_server errorpath makes the tests pass.  With the
> attached diff I get all tests passing on OpenBSD 7.  Following the bouncing
> ball into differences between OpenSSL and LibreSSL in the revocation and
> shutdown paths didn't lead to anything.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

usleep(1) is also enough, but usleep(0) isn't.  I wonder if something
could be disabling SO_LINGER on the socket, or somehow activating
similar data-dropping behaviour so the final ereport doesn't get
transferred.