Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
> On 3 Feb 2022, at 15:25, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> The remaining tests are both CRL tests, but I haven't had time yet to dig into
> why those are failing (the logs weren't terribly helpful on a quick glance).

Looking at these remaining failures today left me a bit confused.  It seems to
be some form of timing or synchronization issue as delaying shutdown with a
sleep(1) in the be_tls_open_server errorpath makes the tests pass.  With the
attached diff I get all tests passing on OpenBSD 7.  Following the bouncing
ball into differences between OpenSSL and LibreSSL in the revocation and
shutdown paths didn't lead to anything.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Thomas: Does the attached reproduce these results for you?

Attachment