Re: pgsql: Add 'basebackup_to_shell' contrib module. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: pgsql: Add 'basebackup_to_shell' contrib module.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 5:23 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > Prototype patch attached.
>
> Because I forgot about cfbot when attaching the patch, cfbot actually ran with
> it under this thread's cf entry.  It does look like an improvement to me:
> https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6397292629458944?logs=test_world#L900
>
> We certainly can do better, but it's sufficiently better than what we have
> right now. So I'd like to commit it?

Nice, this will save a lot of time scrolling around trying to figure
out what broke.

> > Would we want to do this in all branches? I'd vote for yes, but ...
>
> Unless somebody speaks in favor of doing this across branches, I'd just go for
> HEAD.

I don't see any reason not to do it on all branches.  If anyone is
machine-processing the output and cares about format changes they will
be happy about the improvement.