Re: pgsql: Add 'basebackup_to_shell' contrib module. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Add 'basebackup_to_shell' contrib module.
Date
Re: pgsql: Add 'basebackup_to_shell' contrib module.  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-03-26 13:51:35 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Prototype patch attached.

Because I forgot about cfbot when attaching the patch, cfbot actually ran with
it under this thread's cf entry.  It does look like an improvement to me:
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6397292629458944?logs=test_world#L900

We certainly can do better, but it's sufficiently better than what we have
right now. So I'd like to commit it?

> Would we want to do this in all branches? I'd vote for yes, but ...

Unless somebody speaks in favor of doing this across branches, I'd just go for
HEAD.

Greetings,

Andres Freund