Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 11:13 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> I realised that part of Alvaro's complaint was probably caused by
> cfbot's refusal to show any useful information just because it
> couldn't apply a patch the last time it tried.  A small improvement
> today: now it shows a ♲ symbol (with hover text "Rebase needed") if it
> doesn't currently apply, but you can still see the most recent CI test
> results.  And from there you can find your way to the parent commit
> ID.

And in the cases where it still shows no results, that'd be because
the patch set hasn't successfully applied in the past 46 days, ie
since 1 Feb, when cfbot started retaining history.  That visible
amnesia should gradually disappear as those patches make progress and
the history window expands.  I suppose then someone might complain
that it should be clearer if a patch hasn't applied for a very long
time; suggestions for how to show that are welcome.  I wondered about
making them gradually fade out to white, ghost memories that
eventually disappear completely after a few commitfests :-D