Re: [HACKERS] SERIALIZABLE with parallel query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SERIALIZABLE with parallel query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 10:17 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:15 AM Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It applies and builds clean, it passed make world with cassert and TAP
> > tests, and I can't see any remaining flaws.  This is true both of just
> > the 0001 v16 patch and that with 0002 v16 applied on top of it.
>
> Thanks.  I'd like to commit this soon.

I did a round of testing under load and some printf-debugging to
convince myself that the  SXACT_FLAG_RO_SAFE handling really is
exercised by serializable-parallel-2.spec and behaving as expected,
along with some more testing by hand, and pushed this.

To generate load I used a knock-off of sibench[1], run as eg
./petit-sibench --rows 10000 --threads 8 --ssi, against a server
running with -c min_parallel_table_scan_size=128kB -c
parallel_setup_cost=0 -c max_worker_processes=16 -c
max_parallel_workers=16.

[1] https://github.com/macdice/petit-sibench/blob/master/petit-sibench.c

--
Thomas Munro