Re: Cannot install postgres 9.2, less than 32 MB of memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raghavendra
Subject Re: Cannot install postgres 9.2, less than 32 MB of memory
Date
List pgsql-general

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Alexander Reichstadt <lxr@mac.com> wrote:
Hi,

I never had any problems to install postgres 9.1, now I do with 9.2. This is the enterprise installer for Mac OS X. I tried to install and am getting the dreaded error message regarding shared memory, which is not very helpful because it does not seem to actually look at the file it complains about. I edited it, I read the readme. I changed the sizes accordingly, yet it persists in claiming there to be too less memory on an intel mac pro with 18 GB of ram. Please, can someone help?

Thank you in advance
Alex

Can you try installing again after executing below command as Adminstrator...
$ cat /etc/sysctl.conf | sudo xargs sysctl -w

Also do share the information requested here...

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation