Re: Help on PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raghavendra
Subject Re: Help on PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> Hi Guys,
>
> We are new to PostgreSQL world.
>
>  But, our company is planning to  migrate the one of the existing
> application to PostgreSQL from Oracle.
>  2.Is there any enterprise version available with all features?

The free PostgreSQL comes with all available features; it's not a "lite"
version with paid "enterprise" add-ons.

That said, there are separate companies that produce products based on
PostgreSQL. While many of these companies contribute to the PostgreSQL
core and are active members of the PostgreSQL community, they don't
control PostgreSQL. Any software they sell may be based on PostgreSQL,
but it's really a new and different product. These products add
additional functionality. One of the better-known is EnterpriseDB, who
have Pg variants with Oracle compatibility enhancements.

As Craig said, there are very good tools out which will help you migrating from Oracle to PostgreSQL, am adding one from my end i.e., EnterpriseDB

Migration Studio which comes in separate bundle.

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation