Re: Issues with replication slots(which created manually) againstlogical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: Issues with replication slots(which created manually) againstlogical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 23:32, freebsdjlu <freebsdjlu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I also met the same issue :
> WAL stream: ERROR:  option "proto_version" = "1" is unknown
>
> do you know what is the root cause ?

It's usually a good idea to provide reproducible steps along with the
error you're having.

I suspect the error message came from contrib/test_decoding, and
'proto_version' option is used when starting logical replication. So
as far as I can imagine from the error message, I think that a server
attempted to start logical replication using a replication slot that
uses test_decoding rather than pgoutput. I suggest to check the decode
plug-in of the replication slot on the provider server that is used
for logical replication.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada            http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/