Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 at 04:34, Peter Eisentraut

> Here is an updated patch that incorporates some of the suggestions.  In
> particular, some of the warning messages have been rephrased to more
> accurate (but also less specific), the warning message at recovery pause
> repeats every 1 minute, and the documentation has been updated.

Thank you for updating the patch. I have one comment on the latest
version patch:

+   do
+   {
+       TimestampTz now = GetCurrentTimestamp();
+
+       if (TimestampDifferenceExceeds(last_warning, now, 60000))
+       {
+           ereport(WARNING,
+                   (errmsg("recovery paused because of insufficient
parameter settings"),
+                    errdetail("See earlier in the log about which
settings are insufficient."),
+                    errhint("Recovery cannot continue unless the
configuration is changed and the server restarted.")));
+           last_warning = now;
+       }
+
+       pg_usleep(1000000L);    /* 1000 ms */
+       HandleStartupProcInterrupts();
+   }

I think we can set wait event WAIT_EVENT_RECOVERY_PAUSE here.

The others look good to me.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada            http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/