Re: Versioning policy PgJDBC - discussion - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jorge Solórzano
Subject Re: Versioning policy PgJDBC - discussion
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 12:15 AM, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
Naming things is hard.
pgjdbc 13.0 will probably interfere with PostgreSQL 13.0 in a near future.

​mmmm, near future, the release frequency of PostgreSQL is mostly once a year, so based on my predictions 10 ->2017, 11 ->2018, 12 ->2019, 13 ->2020. In 4 years from now, I think PgJDBC should have advanced in major version too, probably many times more that PostgreSQL so that in 2020 PgJDBC, who knows, we can be at version 15.0 or 20.0

Believe me or not, but we did have exactly the same discussion a year ago:

Thanks to pointing it. I have read the whole thread but it seems that takes nowhere.​

The suggestion was "42" as a major version to avoid clash with database version: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB%3DJe-HraoNEWyNFEUSxGjRpH-gC78jHXvDoxnH%2B0wBe%3Dc1rNg%40mail.gmail.com

Should we make it happen? )

Vladimir