Re: BUG #8583: I can't install this product - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Francisco Olarte
Subject Re: BUG #8583: I can't install this product
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM,  <gladchenkoigor@hotmail.com> wrote:
>  can't install this product. When I run setup I get the following message:
> "There has been an error.
> Unable to write inside the TEMP environment variable path".
> I have the following environment variables: Temp=C:\Temp
> Tmp=C:\Tmp.
> What to do?

I abandoned windows due to xp, but I will suggest you test a couple of things:

1.- Do the directories c:\Tmp and c:\Temp exist, and are they world-writable?

2.- Are windows environment variables case sensitive? ( I do not
remeber how the cmd shell used env vars, I think you can test it using
somethhing like SET a=1, SET A=2, echo %a, echo %A ). If they are you
will need TEMP.

I cannot suggest many more things, but it seems more like pilot error
than a bug. Maybe an installer bug, but I think people who knows it
would need at least to know which installer you are using, I think
there are more than one for windows. I'll suggest you read
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/bug-reporting.html and
try to give some more details.

Francisco Olarte.