Re: Notify client when a table was full - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Olarte
Subject Re: Notify client when a table was full
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 1:27 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 03:40:01PM +0000, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>> How do you define "full"?

> There could be two definitions here:
> 1) A table contains more data than a customly-defined amount of data
> on-disk.
> 2) The partition where the table data is located runs out of disk
> space.

I see a third definition. No more rows can be inserted without
previously deleting. The simplest case I can think of is "b boolean
primary key" with two rows already in.

But I doubt the OP was referring to any of that.

Francisco Olarte