Re: question on error during COPY FROM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Olarte
Subject Re: question on error during COPY FROM
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Rakesh Kumar
<rakeshkumar464a3@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it true that one datafile in PG can only belong to one object (table/index)

If this is a question, yes, AFAIK ( in fact they are split in 1G
chunks to prevent problems with quirky filesystems ). Search for "Each
table and index is stored in a separate file" in
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/storage-file-layout.html

A full periodic read, even if superficial, of the postgres manual, is
quite beneficial. I feel poetic today ;-> . Seriously, is quite well
written and full of interesting information, even if skipping large
chunks knowing where the info is can sava you a lot of work and mails.
AAMOF, it's one of the main reasons I've been using postgres all this
years.

Francisco Olarte.