Re: pg_hba.conf : bad entry for ADDRESS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Olarte
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf : bad entry for ADDRESS
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Arnaud:

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 4:35 PM, arnaud gaboury
<arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are this all the contents of you pg_hba.conf? Note order matters, all
>> non comment ( or at least the host ones ) need to be checked .
> Here is the whole content:
>      79 local   thetradinghall      mailman                     peer
>     map=mailmap
>      80 local   all                 postgres                    trust
>      84 host     mattermost         mmuser      127.0.0.1/24    md5

.. This looks good once you've added the netmask, ehich slipped to me.

>> Also, did you signal the postmaster to reread after adding the line?
> What do you mean?

When you change the file you need to signal the postgres main process
( postmaster ) to reread it by sending it a HUP signal, or using
pg_ctl reload ( your OS/distro may have other methods ).

Francisco Olarte.