Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Acceptance Tests against a browser (WIP) - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Atira Odhner
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Acceptance Tests against a browser (WIP)
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
I agree that we should rename the test. We've renamed it to "template_selection_feature_test".
Your other suggestions are captured in our backlog as future improvements. We definitely can and should do those things but I think it would be valuable to go ahead and get this suite in and give other devs a chance to use and iterate on this work.

Thanks,

Tira & George

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 5:32 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 9:56 PM, Atira Odhner <aodhner@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Here is a new patch which includes the following:
> - randomized ports
> - delete the acceptance_test_db database in setup in case a prior run failed
> - fixed size browser window

Definitely getting there :-). A couple of thoughts/questions:

- Now there are 2 tests in there, it's clear that both the Python
server and browser session are restarted for each test. Can this be
avoided? It'll really slow down test execution as more and more are
added.

- We've got a new monster name:
pgadmin.acceptance.tests.sql_template_selection_by_postgres_version_works_feature_test.SQLTemplateSelectionByPostgresVersionWorksFeatureTest
(which on disk is
sql_template_select_by_postgres_version_works_feature_test.py). Names
like that really must be shortened to something more sane and
manageable.

- I'm a little confused by why the tests cannot be run in server mode.
The error says it's because the username/password is unknown -
however, both the pgAdmin and database server usernames and passwords
are in test_config.json.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page