Re: Adding PgLife link - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Adding PgLife link
Date
Re: Adding PgLife link  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-www
On 20 June 2013 19:55, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 07:29:31PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:

>> > There doesn't seem to be enough interest to add a link at this time;
>> > maybe next year.
>>
>> I don't really understand why it has to be a link?
>>
>> Surely all things about the community run on postgresql.org?
>
> It certainly doesn't have to be a link.  I just thought it would be
> helpful for new users to see all the activity on one screen.  But, of
> course, pglife is only a few months old, so I can wait for its userbase
> to mature.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand "all things about the community run on
> postgresql.org".  You are right that almost all the information in
> pglife is somewhere on the postgresql.org website, or linked to it;
> perhaps that what you meant.

My hope would be that someone on the core team would be looking to
extend postgresql.org, not encourage links to their own personal
sites.

If we discussed this without knowing who the person proposing this
was, it would never be allowed.

I'm sure you have no ulterior motive, but you would set a precedent
that would be hard to unravel when others request the same.

Please add pglife.postgresql.org and host things there directly.

--Simon Riggs                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services