Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid archiving XLOG_RUNNING_XACTS on idle server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid archiving XLOG_RUNNING_XACTS on idle server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> > We can, if you wish, revert this patch. If we do, we will have nothing,
>> > since I object to the other patch(es).
>>
>> I don't think you have an absolute veto over other patches
>
> Huh? My understanding is I have the same powers as other committers, no more
> but also, no less. If you've seen me claim otherwise, please point where
> that happened.

Uh, that would be in the portion that is still quoted.  "If we do, we
will have nothing, since I object to the other patches."

> Me saying "I object" seems to attract more attention than others for some
> reason. Why is it a discussion point that I object to a patch, whereas if
> you do it, thats fine?

You have every right to object to the patch.  You don't have a right,
nor do I, to say that it won't be committed without your agreement.

> All very strange. People commit changes they didn't post all the time,
> especially on minor bugs such as this.

No, they really don't.

--
Robert Haas