Re: cannot drop replication slot if server is running in single-user mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: cannot drop replication slot if server is running in single-user mode
Date
Re: cannot drop replication slot if server is running in single-usermode  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 5:51 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> > 2018-03-06 13:20:24.391 GMT [14869] ERROR:  epoll_ctl() failed: Bad file
>> > descriptor
>>
>> I can confirm this bug exists in single-user mode.
>
> I'm not sure we need to do anything about this, personally. This seems
> like a fairly rare thing to do in a mode that's definitely not intended
> to be general purpose.

Mmmph.  I don't really think it's possible to view a user-visible
EBADF as anything other than a coding error.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company