Re: reorganizing partitioning code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: reorganizing partitioning code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 12:07 AM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2018/03/22 11:45, Amit Langote wrote:
>> FWIW, I did manage to rebase it this morning and posting it here.
>
> Rebased again.
>
> I started wondering if we should separate out stuff related to partition
> bounds.  That is create a utils/partbound.h and put PartitionBoundInfo and
> related comparison and search functions into a utils/adt/partbound.c.  I
> had started thinking about that when I looked at the code added by the
> patch submitted on the "advanced partition matching algorithm for
> partition-wise join" thread [1].  I haven't done anything about that though.

adt = Abstract Data Type, which I think we've interpreted up until now
to mean an SQL-visible data type, so that seems like an odd choice.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company