Re: backup manifests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: backup manifests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 3:22 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like the buildfarm is unhappy though, so I guess I'd better
> go look at that.

I fixed two things so far, and there seems to be at least one more
possible issue that I don't understand.

1. Apparently, we have an automated perlcritic run built in to the
build farm, and apparently, it really hates Perl subroutines that
don't end with an explicit return statement. We have that overridden
to severity 5 in our Perl critic configuration. I guess I should've
known this, but didn't. I've pushed a fix adding return statements. I
believe I'm on record as thinking that perlcritic is a tool for
complaining about a lot of things that don't really matter and very
few that actually do -- but it's project style, so I'll suck it up!

2. Also, a bunch of machines were super-unhappy with
003_corruption.pl, failing with this sort of thing:

pg_basebackup: error: could not get COPY data stream: ERROR:  symbolic
link target too long for tar format: file name "pg_tblspc/16387",
target "/home/fabien/pg/build-farm-11/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/bin/pg_validatebackup/tmp_check/tmp_test_7w0w"

Apparently, this is a known problem and the solution is to use
TestLib::tempdir_short instead of TestLib::tempdir, so I pushed a fix
to make it do that.

3. spurfowl has failed its last two runs like this:

sh: 1: ./configure: not found

I am not sure how this patch could've caused that to happen, but the
timing of the failures is certainly suspicious.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company