Re: backup manifests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: backup manifests
Date
Re: backup manifests  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Re: backup manifests  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Re: backup manifests  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 4:34 PM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> +1. These would be great tests to have and a win for pg_basebackup
> overall but I don't think they should be a prerequisite for this commit.

Not to mention the server. I can't say that I have a lot of confidence
that all of the server behavior in this area is well-understood and
sane.

I've pushed all the patches. Hopefully everyone is happy now, or at
least not so unhappy that they're going to break quarantine to beat me
up. I hope I acknowledged all of the relevant people in the commit
message, but it's possible that I missed somebody; if so, my
apologies. As is my usual custom, I added entries in roughly the order
that people chimed in on the thread, so the ordering should not be
taken as a reflection of magnitude of contribution or, well, anything
other than the approximate order in which they chimed in.

It looks like the buildfarm is unhappy though, so I guess I'd better
go look at that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company