Re: when the startup process doesn't (logging startup delays) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: when the startup process doesn't (logging startup delays)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 2:22 AM Bharath Rupireddy
> Duplication is a problem that I agree with and I have an idea here -
> how about introducing a new function, say EnableStandbyMode() that
> sets StandbyMode to true and disables the startup progress timeout,
> something like the attached?

That works for me, more or less. But I think that
enable_startup_progress_timeout should be amended to either say if
(log_startup_progress_interval == 0 || StandbyMode) return; or else it
should at least Assert(!StandbyMode), so that we can't accidentally
re-enable the timer after we shut it off.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com