Re: [HACKERS] [POC] Faster processing at Gather node - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [POC] Faster processing at Gather node
Date
Re: [HACKERS] [POC] Faster processing at Gather node  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 10:30 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought there are some cases (though less) where we want to Shutdown
> the nodes (ExecShutdownNode) earlier and release the resources sooner.
> However, if you are not completely sure about this change, then we can
> leave it as it.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

OK, thanks.  I committed that patch, after first running 100 million
tuples through a Gather over and over again to test for leaks.
Hopefully I haven't missed anything here, but it looks like it's
solid.  Here once again are the remaining patches.  While the
already-committed patches are nice, these two are the ones that
actually produced big improvements in my testing, so it would be good
to move them along.  Any reviews appreciated.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment