Re: pgsql: Add missing "static" qualifier. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: pgsql: Add missing "static" qualifier.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 1:19 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Add missing "static" qualifier.
>>>
>>> Per buildfarm member pademelon.
>
>> Gah.  Sorry I keep missing these.
>
> It's a pain that gcc won't warn about it.  On the other hand, it's
> probably only neatnik-ism on my part to care; I do not know of any
> compilers that would actually give an error.  It only seems worth
> fixing to me because whether a function is static or not is important
> information, so I like functions to be accurately labeled.

Yeah, I agree.  I like it to be labeled correctly, too.  I just keep
forgetting to check for it when reviewing, and people keep sending me
patches that do it incorrectly, and then I find out that I've muffed
it again when I see your commit.  It would certainly be nice if gcc
had a warning for this.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company