Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 12:44 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> You're asking us to imagine a counterfactual. But this counterfactual
> bug report would have to describe a real practical problem.

Yes. And I think this one should be held to the same standard: \d
mydb.myschema.mytable not working is potentially a real, practical
problem. \d sdlgkjdss.dsgkjsk.sdgskldjgds.myschema.mytable not working
isn't.

> Let's assume that it is bug compatibility. Is that intrinsically a bad thing?

Well my view is that having the same bugs is better than having
different ones, but fixing the bugs is superior to either.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com