Re: refactoring basebackup.c (zstd workers) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: refactoring basebackup.c (zstd workers)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 8:11 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I suspect Robert wrote it that way intentionally --- but if so,
> I agree it could do with more than zero commentary.

Well, the point is, we stop advancing kwend when we get to the end of
the keyword, and *vend when we get to the end of the value. If there's
a value, the end of the keyword can't have been the end of the string,
but the end of the value might have been. If there's no value, the end
of the keyword could be the end of the string.

Maybe if I just put that last sentence into the comment it's clear enough?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com