Re: [HACKERS] ExclusiveLock on PostgreSQL - Fabio Mendonça - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] ExclusiveLock on PostgreSQL - Fabio Mendonça
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Fabio Oliveira De Mendonca
<fabiomedonca@brq.com> wrote:
> I 've a process with 600.000 rows, for insert on table "A" with 130 columns
> and I'm received  the "Exclusivelock"   error message, making lost some
> rows during transaction.  The insert of transaction occurs on each  2 min.
> and for each 1 min, a second process read the table "A" (with Join Table "C"
> using  PK ) to make a insert on a table  ("B") . Well ,  I did think create
> a partitions on table "A",  but I don't believe get a correcting in the
> problem ( "Exclusivelock" ).

This isn't really the right mailing list for this question.

helpful, or you can ask at
http://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-general/

You should also read
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems --
because this report does not contain enough information for someone to
answer your question.  In particular, including the exact text of any
commands you executed and any error or other messages the system
generated would be helpful.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company