Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check existency of table/schema for -t/-n option (pg_dump/pg_res - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check existency of table/schema for -t/-n option (pg_dump/pg_res
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> wrote:
> Check existency of table/schema for -t/-n option (pg_dump/pg_restore)
>
> Patch provides command line option --strict-names which requires that at
> least one table/schema should present for each -t/-n option.
>
> Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
   /*
-    * We use UNION ALL rather than UNION; this might sometimes result in
-    * duplicate entries in the OID list, but we don't care.
+    * this might sometimes result in duplicate entries in the OID list,
+    * but we don't care.    */

This looks totally incoherent.  You've removed the thing to which the
word "this" referred and replaced it with nothing.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company