Re: mvcc catalo gsnapshots and TopTransactionContext - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: mvcc catalo gsnapshots and TopTransactionContext
Date
Re: mvcc catalo gsnapshots and TopTransactionContext  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2013-10-04 15:15:36 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Andres, are you (or is anyone) going to try to fix this assertion failure?
>
> I think short term replacing it by IsTransactionOrTransactionBlock() is
> the way to go. Entirely restructuring how cache invalidation in the
> abort path works is not a small task.

Well, if we're going to go that route, how about something like the
attached?  I included the assert-change per se, an explanatory
comment, and the test case that Noah devised to cause the current
assertion to fail.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company