Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] Concurrent ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART Regression - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] Concurrent ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART Regression
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Well, but then we should just remove minval/maxval if we can't rely on
> it.

That seems like a drastic overreaction to me.

> I wonder if that's not actually very little new code, and I think we
> might end up regretting having yet another inconsistent set of semantics
> in v10, which we'll then end up changing again in v11.

I'm not exercised enough about it to spend time on it or to demand
that Peter do so, but feel free to propose something.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company