Re: buildfarm failures on crake and sittella - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: buildfarm failures on crake and sittella
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> I have done this and everything seems to be working. In the RedisFDW case,
> it does process certain quals (those in the form "key" = <constant>), but it
> has been doing the same thing in redisGetForeignPlan as filefdw does in
> fileGetForeignPlan, so I added the same fix i.e. passing back NIL as the
> extra parameter. I hope that's correct. If not, maybe we've been doing
> things a bit wrong for a while :-)

Thanks for getting to this so quickly.  If you're processing the quals
remotely, but not remove them from the list of quals to be checked
locally by the executor, you're fine.  If you are checking them
remotely *instead of* locally, then you need to make some changes that
should look similar to what the patch changed in postgres_fdw.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company