Re: Is it time for triage on the open patches? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Is it time for triage on the open patches?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> I share your view here, and in fact the code for the patch has been
> updated in only two ways since 1/15: adding support for new commands and
> reacting to review (refactoring, cleaning, features removal, fix the
> glitch). That's the reason why I can see we're very near the end of it,
> the code churn is about to be over now.

Eh, maybe.  I suspect you may be underestimating the amount of work
left to do, but I'll reserve judgement until I read a new version of
the patch.

> It seems like February has seen lots of participants distracted away
> from the commit fest, we should probably take this into account.

Sure, I got knocked out for a week by my trip to Japan, and Tom was
busy with other things, too, and Heikki went on vacation for a week.
But, really, I don't think that's the main problem.  If people are
tired of working on the CommitFest, they're not going to get
reinvigorated just because we let it go on for another month.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company