Re: 16-bit page checksums for 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: 16-bit page checksums for 9.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Dan Scales <scales@vmware.com> wrote:
> The advantage of putting the checksum calculation in smgrwrite() (or mdwrite()) is that it catches a bunch of page
writesthat don't go through the buffer pool (see calls to smgrwrite() in nbtree.c, nbtsort.c, spginsert.c)

Maybe we should have some sort of wrapper function, then.  I really
dislike the idea that the smgr layer knows anything about the page
format, and if md has to know that's even worse.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company