Re: Logical WAL sender unresponsive during decoding commit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Logical WAL sender unresponsive during decoding commit
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 4:40 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 4:48 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 2:37 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've attached patches for all supported branches.
> >
> > LGTM. I'll push this tomorrow unless there are comments/suggestions.
>
> Pushed.

I think this was a good change, but there's at least one other problem
here: within ReorderBufferRestoreChanges, the while (restored <
max_changes_in_memory && *segno <= last_segno) doesn't seem to contain
a CFI. Note that this can loop either by repeatedly failing to open a
file, or by repeatedly reading from a file and passing the data read
to ReorderBufferRestoreChange. So I think there should just be a CFI
at the top of this loop to make sure both cases are covered.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com