Re: no partition pruning when partitioning using array type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: no partition pruning when partitioning using array type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 4:42 AM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> I hope someone else chimes in as well. :)
>
> Bug #15042 [1] seems to be caused by this same problem.  There, a
> RelabelType node is being slapped (by the partitioning code) on a Var node
> of a partition key on enum.
>
> Attached updated patch.

Can I get anyone else to weigh in on whether this is likely to be
safe?  Paging people who understand constraint exclusion...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company