Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 12:57 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> I would prefer if it errored if the datname didn't match the current database.
> After all, it would've helped me to avoid making a confusing problem report.

How would you have felt if it had said something like:

error: argument to \d should be of the form
[schema-name-pattern.]relation-name-pattern

Would that have been better or worse for you than accepting a third
part of the pattern as a database name if and only if it matched the
current database name exactly?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com