Re: [HACKERS] increasing the default WAL segment size - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] increasing the default WAL segment size
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> While I understand that you'd like to separate the concerns between
> changing the renaming scheme and changing the default and enabling this
> option, I don't agree that they can or should be independently
> considered.

Well, I don't understand what you think is going to happen here.  Neither Beena nor any other contributor you don't employ is obliged to write a patch for those changes because you'd like them to get made, and Peter and I have already voted against including them.  If you or David want to write a patch for those changes, post it for discussion, and try to get consensus to commit it, that's of course your right.  But the patch will be more than three weeks after the feature freeze deadline and will have two committer votes against it from the outset.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company