Re: Press Release Draft - 2016-10-27 Cumulative Update - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Press Release Draft - 2016-10-27 Cumulative Update
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Jonathan Katz
<jonathan.katz@excoventures.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Below is the draft of the press release for the update this Thursday:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=press.git;a=blob;f=update_releases/current/update_201610.md;h=aac4d0b36f3f3017d319ac617eff901efe0c10c0;hb=880dc99766ee0e608e95d9c0f36ce3cde59f470f

The discussion of truncating the visibility map is repeated twice,
once at the top under "pg_upgrade issues on big-endian machines" and
again at the bottom under "Updating".  We should only have it there
once.  Also, the SQL we're proposing should actually be tested by
someone before posting it - pg_truncate_visibility_map() takes a
mandatory argument, so calling it with no arguments will not work.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company