Re: Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is confusing:

Oops, hit send too soon.

+/*
+ * Read the offset of the first member of the given multixact.
+ */

This is confusing to me because the two subdirectories of pg_multixact
are called "members" and "offsets".  Here you are talking about the
offset of the first member.  Maybe I'm just slow, but that seems like
conflating terminology.  You end up with a function called
read_offset_for_multi() that is actually looking up information about
members.  Ick.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company