Re: cannot read pg_class without having selected a database / is this a bug? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: cannot read pg_class without having selected a database / is this a bug?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> writes:
>> What about the pg_stat_activity - is it safe to access that from auth
>> hook or is that just a coincidence that it works (and might stop working
>> in the future)?
>
> It doesn't seem like a good thing to rely on.  There's certainly no
> testing being done that would cause us to notice if it stopped working
> so early in backend startup.

I'm still puzzled that Tomas got it working at all.  If MyDatabaseId
hasn't been set yet, the how did we manage to build a relcache entry
for anything - let alone an unshared catalog?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company