Re: cannot read pg_class without having selected a database / is this a bug? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: cannot read pg_class without having selected a database / is this a bug?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I'm still puzzled that Tomas got it working at all.  If MyDatabaseId
> hasn't been set yet, the how did we manage to build a relcache entry
> for anything - let alone an unshared catalog?

Well, he wasn't actually issuing a SQL query, just calling some of the
pgstat.c subroutines that underlie the view.  It happens that the pgstat
module has no backend-local initialization (at the moment, and
discounting the issue of making the process's own pgstat_activity entry),
so they were happy enough.  It was the syscache stuff that was spitting
up.