Re: WAL consistency check facility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: WAL consistency check facility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another pin-point is: given a certain page, how do we identify of
> which type it is? One possibility would be again to extend the AM
> handler with some kind of is_self function with a prototype like that:
> bool handler->is_self(Page);
> If the page is of the type of the handler, this returns true, and
> false otherwise. Still here performance would suck.
>
> At the end, what we want is a clean interface, and more thoughts into it.

I think that it makes sense to filter based on the resource manager
ID, but I can't see how we could reasonably filter based on the AM
name.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company