Re: make MaxBackends available in _PG_init - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: make MaxBackends available in _PG_init
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 3:13 PM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2022 at 08:46:39AM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> > For multixact.c, I think you should invent GetMaxOldestSlot() to avoid
> > confusion. Maybe it could be a static inline rather than a macro.
> >
> > Likewise, I think PROCARRAY_MAXPROCS, NumProcSignalSlots, and
> > NumBackendStatSlots should be replaced with things that look more like
> > function calls.
>
> Sorry, I did notice that it looked odd, and I should've done this in v8 and
> saved a round trip.  Here's a new revision with those macros converted to
> inline functions.  I've also dialed things back a little in some places
> where a new variable felt excessive.

Great. I'll take a look at this next week, but not right now, mostly
because it's Friday afternoon and if I commit it and anything breaks I
don't want to end up having to fix it on the weekend if I can avoid
it.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com