Re: Suggestion: Issue warning when calling SET TRANSACTION outside transaction block - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Suggestion: Issue warning when calling SET TRANSACTION outside transaction block
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> A patch to issue only warnings is attached.  In a way this change
> improves the code by throwing errors only when the commands are invalid,
> rather than just useless.  You could argue that ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT
> should throw an error because no savepoint name is valid in that
> context.

-1 from me.  I don't see this as a step forward in any way.  The
output is a complete muddle, and it's not solving any problem that I
can see.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company