Re: BUG: pg_dump generates corrupted gzip file in Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: BUG: pg_dump generates corrupted gzip file in Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 6:44 AM, Kuntal Ghosh
<kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ASAICU, if we use binary mode, output is stored bit by bit. In ASCII
>> mode, cmd pokes its nose and does CR / LF conversions on its own. So,
>> whenever we want compression on a plain-text dump file, we can set the
>> stdout mode to O_BINARY. Is it a wrong approach?
> With the help from Ashutosh Sharma, I tested this in Windows
> environment. Sadly, it still doesn't work. :( IMHO, we should document
> the issue somewhere.

Why not?  I mean, if there's code there to force the output into
binary mode, does that not work for the -Fc case?  And if it does work
for the -Fc case, then why doesn't it also work for -Z9?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company