Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 6:05 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> I honestly don't see what's so confusing about it, and if there is any
> confusion then surely we could make sure what's happening is well
> documented.

+1.  I'm actually kind of wondering if we should just back up and
change the way -c works instead, and allow it to be specified more
than once.  The current behavior is essentially a crock that has only
backward compatibility to recommend it, and not having two
confusingly-similar options is of some non-trivial value.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company