Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Cause TestLib.pm to define $windows_os in all branches. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Cause TestLib.pm to define $windows_os in all branches.
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Cause TestLib.pm to define $windows_os in all branches.  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 10:17 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> In general I think we can be a good deal more liberal about backpatching the
>> testing regime than we are with production code, where we are always
>> cautious, and the caution has paid big dividends in our reputation for
>> stability.

> Attached are patches for 9.4 and 9.5 syncing up everything with
> master. I tested both of them on OSX, Linux and Windows (MSVC only
> though using vcregress tapcheck).

I'm not in a position to double-check that these patches work on Windows,
but I reviewed them through the expedient of diff'ing the patched files
against HEAD.  The only problem I found was you'd left out the
documentation addition about needing IPC::Run in install-windows.sgml.
So I've pushed them with that fix.

Where do we now stand on invoking the TAP tests in the buildfarm?